💡 The Complete Fix: CML VT-x/EPT Error Solved 🛠️ I battled the persistent error: "Virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported on this platform" while installing CML (Cisco Modeling Labs) on VMware. This problem occurs because the Windows host locks the CPU's hardware virtualization features (VT-x/EPT) that CML needs to run its internal network nodes. I discovered that fixing this requires aggressively disabling Virtualization-based security (VBS) and HVCI across multiple system layers. Here is the definitive, comprehensive guide covering every step necessary to solve this issue. Step 1: The Quick Fix (Disable Nested VT-x in VMware) I found that telling VMware to hide the feature initially allowed the CML VM to boot, but it failed later when trying to run network nodes. This must be reversed later, but it is an important diagnostic step. Power off the CML VM. Go to Settings → Processors . Ensure the box for Virtualize Intel ...
Comments
Post a Comment